Search & Book
cross country skiing in the zellertal.
Auerhahn High Trail
Auerhahn High Trail – 30 km of pure cross-country skiing amusement:
For cross-country skiers this is a special treat: The „Auerhahn High Trail“ from the Eck Skiing Centre via Schareben to the Bretterschachten Cross-country Skiing Area is one of the snowiest areas and offers everything a cross-country skier could want. Approx. 30 km (one way) through snow covered forests, the Zellertal and the Lamer Winkel in plain sight and the opportunity of drinking a glass of fine Jagatee in the traditional "Schareben-Hütte" await you alongside the "Auerhahn High Trail".
- Distance: 30 km, classic and freestyle
- Altitude: 843 - 1,260 metres
- Degrees of difficulty: difficult (black)
- Bus to the slope entries: Arrach, Arnbruck, Drachselsried, Skibus Arrach-Zellertal
- Parking: Winter Sport Centre Eck-Riedelstein
- Trail map: wintermap Zellertal (in the tourist-information centers)
Further trails in the zellertal
The Zellertal is an ideal winter holiday destination for cross country skiers, with more than 70 km of excellently prepared tours and trails.
Trails in Arnbruck:
- Roundtrip „By the Panoramabad" (7 km)
- Roundtrip Rappendorf (2 km)
- Roundtrip Schmiedau (2 km)
In Drachselsried you may find the cross country skiing centre "Frath" (12,5 km) with different trails of various difficulty. You may also use the slopes of Bodenmais. The parking lot is situated nearby the trails.
For lunch you may go to the traditional inn "Frath", which is open daily during the winter.
Trails in drachselsried:
- Roundtrip Blachendorf (1 km bzw. 3 km)
- Roundtrip Oberried (1 km)
- Roundtrip Unterried (3 km till 6,5 km)
Here you may download the wintermap with all trails, ski areas and winter walks!